- Only Selcon concentrate contains highly unsaturated Omega 3 fatty acids, marine lipids (200 mg/g), stabilized Vitamin C (200 mg) and Vitamin B12 (240 mcg).
- Soak any freeze-dried, frozen or dried food to give it additional nutritional value or use directly in the tank to benefit filter-feeding invertebrates.
- Boosts the nutritional value of live brine shrimp.
- Helps in preventing/reversing lateral line disease.
- Selcon does not alter water chemistry and does not contain yeast, phosphates or nitrates.
Unfortunately Vitamins are not stable in prepared foods. Flake foods have adequate vitamin content initially, but it deteriorates rather quickly. Storage in the freezer will prolong the vitamin content, however since you can't be sure how long that food has been on your retailers shelf or indeed on the distributors shelf before that, it is best to add a good vitamin product to your flake food before feeding. Key vitamins needed for good health are A, D3, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, H, M, and inositol.
Many fish keepers are not aware of the critical role vitamins play in fish health. Lack of Vitamin A can cause back deformities and stunted growth in young fish. Anytime a fish is under stress the need for Vitamin A is increased. Vitamin E and A are key factors in maintaining fish in top breeding condition. Vitamin K is critical for proper blood clotting.
Vitamins B1, B2, and B6 are important for normal growth. Good digestion requires an adequate amount of Vitamin B3 and C. Vitamin C is also needed for healthy bones and teeth. Both Vitamin B5 and M are key factors in metabolism. Lack of Vitamin H reduces the formation of blood cells and can cause anemia.
Varying your fishes diet and adding Vitamins to the food will help assure that your fish have all the nutrients they need for good health and a long life.
There are no reviews for this item at present. If you use this product please let us know what you think of it.
Average rating based on 0 review(s)