The slow release of organic food from these plastics promotes the development of bacteria that assimilate nitrate and phosphate. These bacteria can be harvested by protein skimmers, so that the nitrate and phosphate levels are naturally reduced. The bacteria are also a food source for filter-feeding invertebrates such as corals, clams, sponges, and feather dusters.
Use 100 mL of NPX Bioplastics for every 25 gallons.
- NPX Bioplastics are best employed in a fluidized reactor such as the PhosBan Reactor 150 or 550.
- When using NPX Bioplastics in a PhosBan Reactor, the sponges from the reactor must be removed and replaced with NPX screens, available in a pack of 2.
- For 200 mL of NPX Bioplastics use the PhosBan reactor 150
- For 400 mL of NPX Bioplastics use the PhosBan reactor 550
- For 200 mL of NPX Bioplastics in the PhosBan reactor 150 choose a pump with 300 – 350 gph capacity.
- For 400 mL of NPX Bioplastics in the PhosBan reactor 550 choose a pump with 350 – 500 gph capacity.
There are no reviews for this item at present. If you use this product please let us know what you think of it.
Average rating based on 0 review(s)