Sicce is an industry leading manufacturer used around the world for many reasons. The reasons stem from 40 years of quality and service. Expect no less from the Bio Pellet Plus Reactor.
The Bio Pellet Plus mixes perfect design, superior craftsmanship, ease of installation, versatility and near zero maintenance!
The Bio Pellet Plus uses it’s proprietary designed pressure plate to evenly tumble every type of bio pellet to perfection without the need of higher water flows completely negating the need for the two pump recirculating design. The Pellet Plus reactor uses a proprietary pressure plate that takes efficiency to the next level.
The Bio Pellet Plus uses no sponges to ever clog or replace, instead using our highly engineered laser cut acrylic baffle with its own grip keeping all bio pellets within the reactors chamber and out of your tank.
• Precision Laser Key Hole Flanges
• True O-Ring Seals
• Includes Sicce Multi 1300 320gph Pump
(Requires 198 to 396gph (750 to 1500lph)
• Holds up to 12oz of Bio Pellets
• For tanks up to 290gal (1100L)
Height = 13”
Diameter = 5.5”
1/2” hose barb inlet/outlet
Includes 2ft of 1/2” Vincon tubing
Designed and hand-built in the USA and Italy with
100% American-made acrylic construction
Biopellets have become a popular method of removing nitrates and phosphates from an aquarium. Biopellets are made primarily of a biodegradable polymer that promote aerobic and anaerobic bacteria ("feeding it”) making it a viable way to consume nutrients (NO3 and PO4) within a reactor. Unlike direct tank dosing methods that add carbon sources directly to the water column, the Sicce Bio Pellet Plus Reactor consumes nutrients without the common downside of unsightly signs of bacteria throughout the system. Instead of turning the entire aquarium into a reactor the Sicce Bio Pellet Plus provides equal or better benefits neatly within or beside a filter under the cabinet. This prevents any mess in the display.
• NO3 and PO4 removal
• No dosing or increase in doing over time
• No cyano or bacterial side effects
• No risk of overdosing
• Easy to use
• Increases protein skimmer output and efficiency
• Bacteria is a food source for many species like corals & sponges
1. Do not use GFO during the initial phases of starting the reactor.
2. Activate by Aqualife will increase reactor efficiency and diversify “good” bacteria colonies in the aquarium.
3. It takes up to 8 weeks before full results are seen.
4. Using UV sterilizers & Ozone will decrease the start time and efficiency of the reactor. Use them only as needed.
5. Always use a quality skimmer and make sure it is running at full efficiency.
6. Direct the outlet of the reactor toward the skimmer pump inlet if possible.
7. Keep the reactor in a dark area away from the refugium or other light.
8. The reactor can be placed outside or inside the filter or sump. The pump must be in the sump.
9. To avoid leaks and hook up problems, place the reactor inside the filter or sump.
10. If tubing for the reactor is loose, use hose clamps (not included).
11. When initially starting or after adding new media, the reactor may take up to a day to start fluidizing properly after which it will stay fluidized until the media needs replacing.
12. Various pellet medias require different flows to remain in a fluidized state as well as the amount of pellets used will vary the flow through the reactor.
Position the pump in the water and set up the reactor in the desired location. Hook up the inlet and output hoses. Make sure the hoses are not kinked. Plug in the pump to the reactor. The media should be tumbling slowly or water is visibly moving around the media. It can take up to a day to get the media tumbling as it should. Depending on the type of pellets used the flow may need to be adjusted. The AquaLife Denitrex Bio Pellets (if supplied) are matched to pump flow. If possible direct the outlet of the reactor to the protein skimmers pump intake. Bio Pellets require up to 8 weeks for the bacteria to colonize. Do not change any settings during this break in time. If a small bacterial bloom occurs (cloudy water) during the break in period, it will subside within a few days. After the break in period, clean containment screen if pellets stop tumbling or when pellets are changed or added. Top off every 3 months with media as needed, back to their original quantity for maximum effectiveness. For extreme cloudy water conditions take action by agitating the water surface, turning a UV if on the system, and turning ozone on.
The Reactor and pump come with a (3) YEAR Limited Warranty from the date of the retail purchase by the original end-user.
If material or workmanship defect arises and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, Sicce will repair or replace the unit. Pump rotors (aka impellers) are not covered. See Sicceus.com to register your product for warranty eligibility and to file a claim if needed. Sicce cannot be held liable for damages to personal property due to misuse or improper care and maintenance of the Reactor and O-ring seals.
There are no reviews for this item at present. If you use this product please let us know what you think of it.
Average rating based on 0 review(s)