- Contains the highest amounts of both UVB and UVA wavelengths (according to an independent laboratory spectral analysis.) The UVB wavelength helps to prevent or reverse metabolic bone disease in green iguanas and other species of lizards kept in captivity. It also strengthens and improves shell growth on all captive turtles and tortoises.
- UVA wavelength increases appetite, physical activity, helps to induce reproductive behaviors and is beneficial to the psychological well-being of captive reptiles and amphibians.
- Safer than adding powdered or liquid synthetic D3 supplements, as the UVB wavelength allows all reptiles the ability to regulate their own Vitamin D3 levels by endogenous synthesis as they would in nature. Eliminates the risk of vitamin D3 overdose (highly toxic) from synthetic sources.
- Wavelength penetrates a full 10-12" from the bulb's surface. ZooMed uses pure quartz glass sleeves.
- The bulb's UVA/UVB wavelength remains effective for 1 to 1-1/2 years. (Replace bulbs yearly).
There are no reviews for this item at present. If you use this product please let us know what you think of it.
Average rating based on 0 review(s)