- Unlike terrestrial animals, fish obtain nutrients from both their food and environment. Trace elements are normally depleted by utilization, oxidation and precipitation, thus it is important to restore them on a regular basis.
- Marine Trace contains only those elements actually demonstrated to be required by fish.
- Replenishment of a number of trace elements is required to maintain an environment ideal for the growth and reproduction of marine life, but while the importance of trace elements has been recognized by aquarists for many years, the physiological reasons are not fully understood.
- The chemical elements in seawater are varied, and, likewise their addition to the aquarium in trace quantities has varied effects on a variety of saltwater plant and invertebrate species. In general, though, these elements are important for metabolic processes and pigment formation. Addition of iron, for instance, has been shown to benefit coloring and growth for corals, anenomes, and other photosynthetic animals.
- Use 1 capful (5 mL) for every 80 L (20 gallons) twice a week.
- Calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, potassium iodide, copper sulfate, iron sulfate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, sodium fluoride, selenium AAC.
- Calcium: 2.46%
- Magnesium: 0.792%
- Iodine (as Iodide): 0.100%
- Potassium: 0.100%
- Copper: 0.0032%
- Iron: 0.0007%
- Zinc: 0.0007%
- Manganese: 0.0002%
- Fluorine (as Fluoride): 0.0001%
- Selenium: 0.000006%
There are no reviews for this item at present. If you use this product please let us know what you think of it.
Average rating based on 0 review(s)