APEXel – THE ENTRY LEVEL APEX
- Lower cost version of its big-brother Apex
- Prevents catastrophes by monitoring temperature and pH in your aquarium, takes corrective actions for you, and alerts you via your smart phone when things go off track.
- Monitors your equipment – ensuring it is operating correctly at all times – and lets you know when it’s not. iPhone, iPad, or Android app controlled. Also works on PC or Mac using any common web browser.
- Tracks your manual test results, maintenance, livestock purchases, and tank observations and helps you correlate issues in your aquarium to the things that are happening inside.
- Manages the full operation of equipment (lights, pumps, filters, ATO, etc.) on your tank with simple setup “Tasks” and an easy to use app.
- Takes the place of many costly and cumbersome discrete components such as light timers, heater controllers, pump controllers, etc.
- Expandable – Add more monitoring and control features as well as specialized Apex-ecosystem hardware as your needs require
- Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.
- The ApexEL equipped to connect to your network via its wired connection, OR the built in 802.11n Wi-Fi.
- The connection process to your home network is amazingly simple – getting you set up and on the Apex Fusion cloud service in just a couple of minutes!
- Set up tasks and to-do reminders help guide you through configuring everything from temperature control, trouble alerts to your mobile device, and many other common aquarium tasks. With the ApexEL, an aquarium controller no longer requires an advanced degree — you are up and running in 5 EASY STEPS:
- Mount it to the wall or inside your cabinet
- Plug in the probes and your equipment
- Connect it to your home network via wi-fi or cable
- Run the new Configuration Wizards
- Get the basics of monitoring and control for your entire tank set up, in less than 15 minutes, with no programming!
The ApexEL is a self-contained monitoring platform built for reliability – for when things go wrong – It’s not just a toy to play with when everything is A-OK.
A perfect example of this is that unlike other cloud-based IoT devices or aquarium controllers, every ApexEL has a built in web-server (tech talk for its control software and built-in web interface) with complete functionality – even if the internet is down!
This is important, see why. . .
Let’s say you have a power outage and want your aquarium to take the appropriate actions to maintain the fish and corals for the longest time possible. Or, what if the internet is down (or a company’s cloud servers) and you simply want to manually turn on your lights or turn off your skimmer.
Some aquarium devices work ONLY via their online cloud service, so when the internet is down or slow, you are out of luck. With the ApexEL, even if the internet is down, your tank will continue operating without interruption and you still can have complete control locally from your mobile device.
ENERGY BAR 832 – THE ULTIMATE POWER CONTROL HUB
When we decided to create an Energy Bar for this new Apex, we designed it from the ground up. Not only does the Energy Bar 832 have eight 120V AC outlets, but it includes an internal 100W 24VDC power supply as well. That power supply feeds three built-in 1LINK ports as well as two 24VDC accessory ports.
And, each individual outlet has independent power monitoring and there are individual LED indicators for each outlet. Read on and watch the videos for more info.
For years we have been asked to provide power monitoring of the individual devices connected to each outlet – but it just wasn’t possible without pricing the product out of the range of most consumers. Now it’s here and with comes tons of benefits.
With this power information regularly monitored, you now know when your pump, skimmer, powerhead, UV, or any other device is not operating normally and an alert message can be sent. This enables you to catch issues right when they happen – or better yet when they are on the road to failure.
Also, for many of us the cost of the electricity to run a successful aquarium is a major concern in our household. Even for those where electricity is cheap, we believe most aquarists care a great deal about their energy consumption and its effect on the environment. Ironically, our energy usage could be directly connected to excess greenhouse gasses, the warming of the oceans, and the bleaching of the corals! However, armed with this power usage information, we believe aquarists will not only be able to make operating and purchase decisions that will save them hundreds of dollars a year, but they will also be able to reduce their carbon footprint.
BUILT-IN 1LINK AND 24VDC PORTS
This Energy Bar has a built-in 100W, 24VDC power supply that can control up to three Neptune Systems 1LINK products like the WAV and DOS. It also includes two switchable 24V DC on/off outlets that are compatible with any 24V device under 30W and Neptune Systems 24V accessories like our Practical Multi-purpose Utility Pump (PMUP) and solenoid valve.
INDIVIDUAL OUTLET INDICATOR LED
Each Energy Bar AC outlet as well as the two 24VDC accessory ports have their own status LED. This LED tells you when that outlet is energized. The LED will also blink rapidly if a device is plugged in that exceeds the current capability for that outlet.
ALARMS AND DECISIONS BASED ON POWER
Since the Apex is receiving continual power usage data from the Energy Bar 832, it can be configured to send you notifications when a device is not using power as it should be. An example would be a return pump showing no power consumption when the outlet is on. Or, tell you when a skimmer has a clogged airline because power consumption will show differently than normal operation. These high and low limits are completed customizable by individual outlet. You can even use this power data to control other devices.
ALL OUTLETS RELAY SWITCHED
Times have changed and it is fairly uncommon now for aquariums to have AC devices that must be cycled on and off continuously. This means that we could now switch all AC outlets to relay switching.
13 - Total power connections for your aquarium devices
8 - 120V AC Outlets all switched with relays rated for millions of cycles
3 - 1LINK 24VDC Smart outlets for devices such as WAV, DOS, etc.
2 - Switchable 24VDC outlets for accessories such as small pumps, solenoids, fans, etc.
SUPER-EASY MOUNTING SYSTEM FOR BOTH APEXel AND ENERGY BAR 832
Both the ApexEL and the Energy Bar 832 have an innovative attachment system that makes it easy to mount them up and also give convenient access to all the connections.
The Apex mounts with just two screws. It has a hinged mount where you can flip it up, make your connections, and then flip it down, making it more difficult for water to enter the electronics via a cable. The Energy Bar 832 has a mounting bracket you screw to the wall with just three screws and then the Energy Bar slides down onto the bracket.
PROBES ARE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APEX SYSTEM TO MONITOR THE HEALTH OF YOUR AQUARIUM
The ApexEL System includes probes for Temperature and pH. The pH probe is double-junction as well so it holds calibration longer and has a longer lifespan than single-junction probes.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOUBLE JUNCTION AND SINGLE JUNCTION PROBES?
Single junction probes put the reference electrode in direct contact with aquarium water. Over time, the junction will slowly leak aquarium water into the electrolyte which changes the accuracy of the probe and requires more frequent calibrations. Double junction probes place a second vessel inside the main electrolyte with a second internal junction. The means that even when the aquarium water eventually begins to make its way in the first compartment, it still has to go through the second junction to contaminate the electrolyte surrounding the reference electrode.
There are no reviews for this item at present. If you use this product please let us know what you think of it.
Average rating based on 0 review(s)