The tap water that is normally found in homes is almost always treated with chlorine or chloramine, a combination of chlorine and ammonia, to make it suitable for human consumption.
Chlorine, in small doses, is harmless to humans, but can be lethal to fish causing acute necrosis.
The amount of chlorine in tap water can vary between 0.5 and 2.0 parts per million (ppm); it is therefore essential to remove all traces of chlorine, through special conditioners, if tap water is used for your aquarium.
There are no reviews for this item at present. If you use this product please let us know what you think of it.
Average rating based on 0 review(s)