- Contains the highest amounts of both UVB and UVA wavelengths (according to an independent laboratory spectral analysis.) The UVB wavelength helps to prevent or reverse metabolic bone disease in green iguanas and other species of lizards kept in captivity. It also strengthens and improves shell growth on all captive turtles and tortoises.
- UVA wavelength increases appetite, physical activity, helps to induce reproductive behaviors and is beneficial to the psychological well-being of captive reptiles and amphibians.
- Safer than adding powdered or liquid synthetic D3 supplements, as the UVB wavelength allows all reptiles the ability to regulate their own Vitamin D3 levels by endogenous synthesis as they would in nature. Eliminates the risk of vitamin D3 overdose (highly toxic) from synthetic sources.
- Wavelength penetrates a full 10-12" from the bulb's surface. ZooMed uses pure quartz glass sleeves.
- The bulb's UVA/UVB wavelength remains effective for 1 to 1-1/2 years. (Replace bulbs yearly).
How is my order shipped and what does it cost?
Orders are shipped either by Courier [currently FedEX Ground] or Postal Service --- the choice is yours!
For delivery by Courier, you pay the actual charges based on a 1 kG package [2.2 lbs] shipped via ground service, plus a nominal $1.00 service charge to cover the cost of insurance and packing materials. We pay any additional charges.
For Postal Service (your best value), shipping on orders under $50.00 is $11.95 to most locations in Canada, with the Exceptions noted below. For orders between $50.00 and $100.00 the rate is $7.95, for orders between $100.00 and $200.00 the rate is just $4.95 and for orders over $200.00 shipping is FREE. The more you order the more you save! The delivery standard for this service is between 1 to 7 business days between all major centers.
NOTE: Additional Shipping Charges apply to orders being shipped to the NWT, YK, NU and some rural or remote locations in Canada as well as on over sized or heavy items indicated by the or - Additional Shipping Item symbols.
When will my order be shipped?
On weekdays, in-stock merchandise is shipped the same day if received by 2:00 pm EST. Orders received after that, or on weekends or holidays, are shipped the next business day.
Do you ship to the US or to other International destinations?
Currently we are only shipping within Canada.
What if I want to return an item?
Should you find it necessary to return an item, please call us first. All returns should be properly packaged to avoid damage and should include all original boxes and paperwork to receive a refund, replacement or credit. Shipping fees are not refundable, unless, of course, you are returning defective merchandise or merchandise we sent in error.
What do I do if a product breaks or doesn't preform as promised?
Keep all warranties and owner's manuals you receive with your merchandise. In the event an item becomes defective or just doesn't live up to your expectations, please refer to the warranty information you received for proper handling procedures.