- SpectraPure standard membranes are un-tested versions of the SpectraSelect membranes. They are not "rejects"; they just haven't gone through rigorous testing procedures. They are treated with a proprietary process to enhance the rejection and production rates and are QC batch tested to insure rated performance within manufacturer tolerances.
- The membranes produce the rated GPD ± 20% at 60 psi.
Minimum Rejection = 96%; Stabilized Salt Rejection = 98%. (Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 250 ppm TDS, 77°F (25°C), 15% recovery and the specified applied pressure).
- These membranes are standard equipment in SpectraPure's MPRO, MPDI, CSP, CSPDI, MaxCap RO/DI and all Drinking Water Systems.
- All membranes up to 90 GPD will fit in SpectraPure's standard membrane housing. The standard membrane is also available as a replacement option for most competitors' reverse osmosis systems.
- Membranes must be matched with flow restrictors. Always change the flow restrictor when changing membrane size on a system.
- Tip: If you need to replace the membrane, take the opportunity to increase your Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems production rate by purchasing a membrane with a higher flow rate along with a matching flow restrictor. E-mail or call for further information.
- Image shown is the SpectraPure Standard 60 gallon per day membrane.
Cole's Notes: Membrane Replacement.
Only purchase a RO replacement membrane when it's needed unless you think you'll need to replace it shortly and would like to have one on hand. Wet membranes can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 1 year. (Keep it in its sealed, original packaging). If the membrane dries out, it will not produce water.
Under normal use, a membrane can be expected to last approximately 2 years but they should be tested every 6 months or so. A TDS meter can give a good indication when it's time to change the membrane. Measure the TDS of both the feed water and product water. If the rejection rate is 95% or better, the membrane is okay. If not, it's time to replace it.
The higher the rejection rate, the better. A 2% difference in the rejection rate can save you big $$$ in DI cartridges. You'll only need to replace your DI cartridge half as often using a membrane with a rejection rate of 98% versus one with a 96% rejection rate. That's a good reason to buy a membrane with a higher rejection rate like SpectraPure membranes. All of their membranes are subjected to a proprietary process which increases their rejection ratio over the membranes purchased by other vendors, even from the same supplier.
When it is time to replace your membrane, its a good idea to consider boosting the output of your RO unit. For example, the capacity of a 25, 50 or 60 gpd RO or RO/DI can be increased to a 90 gpd just by purchasing a 90 gpd membrane and matching flow restrictor.
How is my order shipped and what does it cost?
Orders are shipped either by Courier [currently FedEX Ground] or Postal Service --- the choice is yours!
For delivery by Courier, you pay the actual charges based on a 1 kG package [2.2 lbs] shipped via ground service, plus a nominal $1.00 service charge to cover the cost of insurance and packing materials. We pay any additional charges.
For Postal Service (your best value), shipping on orders under $50.00 is $11.95 to most locations in Canada, with the Exceptions noted below. For orders between $50.00 and $100.00 the rate is $7.95, for orders between $100.00 and $200.00 the rate is just $4.95 and for orders over $200.00 shipping is FREE. The more you order the more you save! The delivery standard for this service is between 1 to 7 business days between all major centers.
NOTE: Additional Shipping Charges apply to orders being shipped to the NWT, YK, NU and some rural or remote locations in Canada as well as on over sized or heavy items indicated by the or - Additional Shipping Item symbols.
When will my order be shipped?
On weekdays, in-stock merchandise is shipped the same day if received by 2:00 pm EST. Orders received after that, or on weekends or holidays, are shipped the next business day.
Do you ship to the US or to other International destinations?
Currently we are only shipping within Canada.
What if I want to return an item?
Should you find it necessary to return an item, please call us first. All returns should be properly packaged to avoid damage and should include all original boxes and paperwork to receive a refund, replacement or credit. Shipping fees are not refundable, unless, of course, you are returning defective merchandise or merchandise we sent in error.
What do I do if a product breaks or doesn't preform as promised?
Keep all warranties and owner's manuals you receive with your merchandise. In the event an item becomes defective or just doesn't live up to your expectations, please refer to the warranty information you received for proper handling procedures.